A mid week staple, these fritters are packed with veg and perfect for a light summer dinner. I like to serve this with my Mediterranean Bean Salad. They can be made ahead and kept in the fridge or freezer. Original recipe from taste.com
PREP: 15 MINUTES | COOK: 15 MINUTES | SERVES: 2
- 1/2 large head (about 150g) broccoli
- 75g (1/2 cup) self-raising flour
- 1 egg
- 80ml (1/3 cup) milk
- 300g can corn kernels, rinsed, drained
- 100g halloumi, diced small
- 2 tbsp chopped fresh chives
- 1 tsp finely grated lemon rind
- 60ml (1/4 cup) olive oil
- Tomato relish or Sweet chilli sauce, to serve
- Use a large sharp knife to cut broccoli into large pieces, including the stem. Place in a food processor. Pulse, scraping down the side occasionally, until finely chopped.
- Place the self-raising flour and egg in a large bowl. Gradually pour in the milk, whisking, until mixture is well combined and smooth.
- Add the broccoli, corn, haloumi, chives and lemon rind to the flour mixture. Season. Use a wooden spoon to stir until well combined.
- Heat 1 tbs oil in a large non-stick frying pan over medium heat. Add 1/4 cupfuls of the fritter mixture.
- Cook the fritters for 2 minutes or until golden. Use an egg lifter to carefully turn and cook for a further 2 minutes or until golden and cooked through.
- Transfer to a plate lined with paper towel. Repeat in more batches with remaining oil and mixture to make 8 fritters in total. Serve with sauce and a salad.