I mix up this recipe by delish depending on what we feel like at the time – sometimes I double the beans and sometimes I sun one can of beans for chicken mince. Delicious and the kids are big fans of both versions. Easily makes enough for the whole family.
PREP: 15 MINUTES | COOK: 35 MINUTES | SERVES: 4
- 1 tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 brown onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 400g tin corn, rinsed and drained
- 3 small zucchinis
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 tsp. chili powder
- 1 tsp. cumin
- 1 400g tin black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 400g tin Mexican beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 400ml jar enchilada sauce
- Juice of 1/2 lime
- 8 flour tortillas
- 1 cup. shredded cheese
- 1 c. quartered grape tomatoes
- 1 avocado, sliced
- 1/4 c. finely chopped onion
- 1/4 c. fresh cilantro leaves
- Sour cream
- Preheat oven to 180°c.
- In a large skillet over medium heat, heat oil. Add onion and cook until soft, 6 minutes. Stir in garlic and cook until fragrant, 1 minute more. (If using mince, add at this step and cook through).
- Pulse zucchini and beans together in food processor until consistency of mince. Add to skillet with onion and garlic and stir through.
- Add corn and season with salt, chili powder, and cumin. Cook, stirring occasionally. Add a 1/4 cup of enchilada sauce, and lime juice. Cook 2 minutes more.
- Add a large scoop of vegetable mixture into the center of each tortilla and roll up tightly. Place rolled up tortillas side by side in baking dish, then top with remaining enchilada sauce and cheeses.
- Bake until cheese is melty, 15 to 18 minutes.
- Top with sour cream, tomatoes, avocado, onion, and cilantro.