This original recipe is from Love and Lemons, and unlike usual when I try a recipe, I didn’t feel the need to add or change anything! Perfect as it is, but if time allows let it sit to enhance the flavour as suggested, it’s worth it. This recipe is a side salad serving size.
PREP: 30 MINUTES | COOK: 0 MINUTES | SERVES: 4
- 1 large (or 2 smaller) broccoli, florets cut very small and stem julienned
- 1 cup (2-3 carrots) julienned or roughly grated carrots
- 1 cup sliced red cabbage (roughly 1/8 of whole cabbage head)
- 1/2 red onion, thinly sliced
- ½ cup toasted sliced almonds, reserve some for garnish
- ⅓ cup dried cranberries, reserve some for garnish
- 3/4 cup mayo or Vegan Mayo
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon pure maple syrup
- ¼ teaspoon sea salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Prepare the brocolli. Cut off the florets and chop small. With the remaining stem, chop the bottom 1/4 off of the woody stem and discard. Peel the remaining stem and chop.
- In a large bowl, combine the broccoli stems, florets, carrots, cabbage, onion, almonds, and cranberries.
- Combine all dressing ingredients and whisk together gently. Drizzle with about ¾ of the dressing and toss to coat. Add more dressing, if desired.
- Garnish with the reserved almonds and cranberries and serve.