My favourite spring/summer salad! The basil and mint make it taste so fresh, the dressing is light but full of flavour, and its so easy to throw together. Original recipe from The Mediterranean Dish, but I made a few minor adjustments to suit my personal preferences.
PREP: 15 MINUTES | COOK: 0 MINUTES | SERVES: 6-8
- 2 x 400g tin beans (your fav combo or kidney beans, chickpeas or cannellini), drained and rinsed
- 1 red capsicum, cored and diced
- 1 yellow capsicum, cored and diced
- 1/2 English cucumber, diced
- 1 red onion, finely chopped
- 1 1/2 tbsp capers
- 10-15 mint leaves, torn or chopped
- 10-15 basil leaves, torn or chopped
Garlic Dijon Vinaigrette
- 1-2 garlic cloves minced
- ½ tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- ¼ cup extra virgin olive oil
- Salt and black pepper to taste
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the beans, chopped peppers, onion, capers and fresh herbs. Mix gently.
- In a small bowl, add the vinaigrette ingredients. Whisk vigorously to combine.
- Add the vinaigrette to the salad bowl. Toss to coat.
- For best results, cover and refrigerate for a bit before serving so that beans soak up the vinaigrette flavors. Give the salad another quick toss before serving.