This is a recipe from Jessy Wallace on Instagram, who always has easy delicious meals she just whipped up. This is a good recipe to also add in any extra veg that you have that needs to be used up. If you have leftovers, this tastes even better the next day!
PREP: 15 – 45 MINUTES | COOK: 20 MINUTES | SERVES: 4
- 1 tblsp oil, for frying
- 500g block tofu, cut into cubes
- 400g tin crushed tomatoes
- 400g tin coconut milk
- 250g box of frozen spinach
- 2 x brown onion, diced
- large piece of fresh ginger, grated
- 2 x green chilis, finely diced
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 2 tsp ground cumin
- 2 tsp tumeric
- coriander, washed and chopped
- 1 tblsp curry powder
- salt & pepper
- Cooked rice, to serve
- In a frying pan, fry the tofu cubes until browned on all sides, then set aside in a bowl
- In the same frying pan, fry the diced onion, green chilis and ginger until softened, then add in all the spices and a splash of water for 1 minute. Add in diced tomatoes, season with salt and pepper and then simmer for as long as you can spare (half an hour recommended to really infuse the flavours).
- Add in the coconut milk, spinach (and any other veg if using) and browned tofu then simmer for another 10 mins.
- Serve over rice. Enjoy!