These amazing nachos are from Cookie and Kate. I made slight adjustments to the original recipe to suit my personal taste and what I had available at our local store. These are a favourite in my house for lunch, and the kids will even eat them (minus the jalapeño on their tray)
PREP: 15 MINUTES | COOK: 10 MINUTES | SERVES: 3-4
- 230g tortilla chips (check they’re gluten free)
- 300g salsa
- 400g can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 2 packed cups shredded cheese, or to taste
- 1 medium red capsicum, finely chopped
- 2 tomatoes, finely chopped
- 125g tin corn kernels
- ⅓ cup crumbled feta cheese
- 2 jalapeños, finely diced
- 200g guacamole, or sliced avocado
- ⅓ cup chopped green onions
- 2 radishes, chopped
- 2 tablespoons chopped cilantro
- sour cream (optional)
- Preheat oven to 180°c. Line a baking sheet. Place handfuls of chips on the baking sheet and distribute evenly, minimizing the gaps between chips. Dollop salsa onto chips and spread slightly with the back of the spoon.
- Sprinkle the prepared pan of chips generously and evenly with the beans, followed by the red capsicum, tomato, corn, crumbled feta, jalapeños, and finishing with the cheese. Bake until the cheese is melted and bubbling, about 9 to 13 minutes. Remove the nachos from the oven and set aside.
- While the nachos are baking prepare the garnishes (radish, coriander, green onions and guacamole).
- Once the nachos are out of the oven sprinkle the nachos with garnishes, dollop with sour cream (optional) and serve immediately.