One reviewer on the original recipe website Taste said they thought this tasted like a meal from a restaurant, and I was so skeptical until I made it for myself! Super easy with only one pan, on the table in 20 minutes, and full of flavour. I serve mine with a side of steamed greens.
PREP: 5 MINUTES | COOK: 15 MINUTES | SERVES: 4
- 1 tbsp your favourite cooking oil
- 4 (about 150g each) skinless salmon fillets
- 1 large French shallot, finely chopped
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 125ml (1/2 cup) white wine
- 185ml (3/4 cup) fish stock
- 125ml (1/2 cup) reduced-fat thickened cream
- 1 bunch asparagus, trimmed, halved
- 280g jar artichokes in brine, drained
- 1 tbsp baby capers
- Fresh continental parsley leaves, to serve
- Heat half the oil in a large frying pan over medium-high heat. Season the salmon. Cook, turning halfway, for 2 minutes or until golden. Transfer to a plate.
- Heat remaining oil in the pan over medium-low heat. Add the shallot and garlic and cook, stirring, for 2 minutes or until soft. Add the wine and simmer for 2 minutes. Add the stock and simmer, stirring occasionally, for 3 minutes.
- Stir in the cream, asparagus, artichokes and baby capers. Add the salmon back to the pan and simmer for 4-5 minutes or until the salmon is just cooked through. Sprinkle with the parsley. Enjoy!