I saw this recipe in a copy of Wellbeing Magazine at my hairdressers. It smells as delicious as it tastes! I found this really easy to make, and it’s naturally gluten free without compromising on anything.
PREP: 5 MINUTES | COOK: 60 MINUTES | SERVES: 4
- 3 medium ripe bananas
- 2 tbsp honey
- 1/4 cup coconut oil
- 1 tsp vanilla bean paste (or vanilla essence)
- 3 eggs
- 1/2 tsp bicarbonate of soda
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 2 cups almond meal
- 1/4 cup chia seeds
- 1 medium pear, peeled diced largely
- 1/2 medium pear, skin on, sliced
- Handful walnuts, roughly chopped
- Preheat oven to 160°c. Grease and line a round tin.
- Combine bananas, honey, coconut oil, vanilla, eggs, bicarb and lemon juice in a food processor. Blitz to mix together.
- Add the almond meal and chia seeds and mix well.
- Add diced pears and fold in gently with a spoon.
- Pour batter into the tin, decorate with the pear slices and walnuts.
- Bake for 60 minutes until a skewer comes out clean from the center.
- Remove cake from oven and allow it to cook before removing from the tin.
- Leftovers keep well in the fridge.