OOOOMMMGGG, this dessert from The Busy Baker is delicious! It’s so easy that anyone can make it!
PREP: 20 MINUTES | COOK: 20 MINUTES | SERVES: 4-6
- 32 vegan chocolate sandwich cookies (e.g. Oreos)
- 3 tablespoons melted margarine (e.g. Nuttlex)
- 600g silken tofu, drained
- 161g real maple syrup
- 2 teaspoons real vanilla extract
- 400g dark chocolate, melted
- fruit, powdered sugar, or vegan whipped cream for serving
- Crush the chocolate sandwich cookies in your blender and add the melted margarine, pulsing to combine completely.
- Press the cookie crumb mixture into the bottom and up the sides of a 9-inch spring form pan lined with parchment paper (for easy removal of the cheesecake later on!)
- Chill the crust to set while you make the filling.
- To a clean blender add the silken tofu, maple syrup, vanilla extract.
- Melt the chocolate in a double-boiler over low heat, or melt it in the microwave at 50% power for 30-second increments until the chocolate is melted and smooth.
- Let the chocolate cool slightly before adding it to the blender with the other ingredients. This will ensure a smooth texture.
- Blend until very smooth, scraping down the sides of the blender if necessary.
- Pour the filling into the chilled crust and smooth out the top with a rubber spatula.
- Place the cheesecake in the fridge to chill for at least 6 hours, or overnight, before transferring to a plate to slice and serve.
- Serve with fresh berries, powdered sugar, or your favourite vegan whipped cream.
Recipe image from original website: The Busy Baker