Image borrowed from original site
- 1 1/3 cups rice bubbles
- 1/3 cup desiccated coconut
- 1/3 cup pumpkin seeds
- 1/3 cup sunflower seeds
- 1/3 cup sultanas
- 1/3 cup dried cranberries
- 1/3 cup honey (or rice malt syrup)
- 1/2 cup hulled tahini
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup dark chocolate chips (optional)
- pinch of salt
- Preheat your oven to 180°C. Line a square 20cm tin with baking paper.
- Heat the honey until it is runny. Add it to a mixing bowl with the tahini, vanilla and salt. Mix to combine. Add the remaining ingredients and mix gently to combine. Use slightly damp hands, or back of spoon, to press the mixture firmly into the prepared tin. Bake for 10 – 12 minutes or until golden.
- Remove from the oven and leave in the tin to cool. Ideally place in the fridge for one hour prior to cutting.
- Slice. Serve. Eat and enjoy!
- I make these as a lunchbox snack for school – it says to cool before serving and that definitely is better, but not compulsory (the lunchbox has an ice brick in it)
- As I’m making it for a school snack I usually leave out the choc chips