Its almost too unbelievable how easy and delicious this gluten free cake is from Bake Play Smile. There are minimal ingredients and super simple steps. I highly recommend splurging and topping with fresh raspberries, and a dollop of thickened cream.
PREP: 10 MINUTES | COOK: 50 MINUTES | SERVES: 8
- 400 g ricotta
- 3 eggs beaten
- ¼ cup grated lemon zest
- 2 cups (240g) almond meal
- ¾ cup (165g) caster sugar
- ¼ cup (20g) flaked almonds
- icing sugar for dusting
- fresh raspberries, optional, for serving
- thickened cream, optional, for serving
- Grease and line the sides and bottom of a 20cm round cake tin with baking paper. Preheat oven to 160 degrees celsius (140 degrees if using fan forced).
- Place the ricotta, eggs, lemon zest, almond meal and caster sugar into a large bowl. Beat until smooth and well combined.
- Pour the mixture into the tin. Sprinkle the flaked almonds over the top.
- Bake for 50-60 minutes or until a skewer inserted into the middle comes out clean (don’t overcook the cake though, as you want it to be nice and moist).
- Sprinkle over a little icing sugar and top with fresh raspberries just before serving.