These choc chip cookies by Chocolate Covered Kate are so chewy and delicious. Easily vegan using ingredients you likely already have in your pantry, they don’t take long to make so they’ll be satisfying your sweet tooth in no time!
PREP: 30 MINUTES | COOK: 11 MINUTES | CHILL 10 MINUTES | MAKES: 10-12
- 1 cup white, oat, or spelt flour
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 cup white sugar
- 1/4 cup brown sugar or coconut sugar
- 1/3 cup chocolate chips
- 3 tbsp milk of choice, plus more if needed
- 2 tbsp coconut oil
- 1/4 tsp pure vanilla extract
- Combine all dry ingredients in a bowl
- Combine all wet ingredients in a small bowl, then stir in to wet ingredients to form a dough – it will be dry at first, so keep stirring until a cookie-dough texture is achieved. If needed, add 1-2 tbsp extra milk of choice gradually.
- Form into one big ball, then either refrigerate at least 2 hours or freeze for 20 minutes until the dough is cold.
- Once dough is chilled, preheat oven to 180c.
- Form dough balls, and place on a greased baking tray, leaving enough room between cookies for them to spread.
- Bake for 11 minutes on the center rack. They’ll look underdone when you take them out. Let them cool on the baking tray 10 minutes before touching, during which time they will firm up.