I love hiding veggies in things and watching the kids devour them!
These muffins I’ve adapted from My Kids Lick The Bowl, are nut free so a winner for school lunchboxes! (If these aren’t for school, I swap the choc chips for walnuts).
Make bulk and freeze to keep handy for school lunch boxes.
PREP: 10 MINUTES | COOK: 25 MINUTES | CHILL: 5 MINUTES | SERVES: 12
- 1 large ripe banana
- 1 apple, peeled and diced
- 2 eggs
- ¾ cup milk
- 1/4 cup coconut oil
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 3 Tbsp maple syrup, honey or brown sugar
- 1 large zucchini, grated
- 2 cups SR flour
- 1/3 cup choc chips (optional)
- Preheat your oven to 180 degrees Celsius and prepare a muffin tin (Tip: grease pan well to avoid single use patty cake liners)
- In a large bowl mash a banana, add eggs, milk, oil, vanilla and maple syrup and mix well so that the eggs and liquids are well combined
- In a separate bowl, add the flour and cinnamon.
- Peel and grate the zucchini and peel and dice the apple
- Pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and mix, but not too well, the general rule is to not over mix a muffin.
- Add the zucchini and apple (and the choc chips if using, reserve a few to sprinkle on the top) and again just mix gently
- Portion into a 12 regular muffin tray, top with a few of the reserved choc chips
- Bake at 180 degrees Celsius for 25- 30 minutes or until golden on top and cooked through