Image borrowed from original site
Adapted from original Recipe:
PREP: 5 MINUTES | COOK: 5 MINUTES | SERVES: 1
Smoothie Bowl base
- 1 heaped cup organic frozen mixed berries
- 1 small frozen banana, sliced
- 2-3 tablespoon light coconut milk
- 1 scoop of protein powder of your choice* (optional)
- 1 tablespoon shredded unsweetened coconut (desiccated)
- 1 tablespoon chia seeds
- 1 tablespoon hemp seeds
- Muesli (optional)
- Fruit (optional)
- Add frozen berries and banana to a blender and blend on low until not quite completely blended smooth.
- Add a bit of coconut or almond milk and protein powder (optional), and blend on low again, scraping down sides as needed, until the mixture reaches a soft serve consistency.
- Scoop into 1-2 serving bowls and top with desired toppings (optional).
- Best when fresh, though leftovers keep in the freezer for 1-2 weeks. Let thaw before enjoying.
- I’m only a recent convert to smoothie bowls but it’s like having dessert for breakfast!
- My favourite toppings are: sliced strawberries, coconut, muesli & hemp seeds.
- Top with dairy free chocolate if you want to make it extra special and keep if vegan
- Not sure why, but my bowls never turn out as pretty as the original recipe site 😅