Image borrowed from original site
PREP: 15 MINUTES | COOK: 25 MINUTES | SERVES: 4-6
for the stir fry
- 1 1/2 cup uncooked brown rice or farro
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 400 grams extra firm tofu
- 1 red capsicum, chopped
- 1 bunch bok choy, trimmed and washed
- 1 zucchini, chopped
- 1 red onion, diced
- 2 carrots, peeled and chopped
- 3 green onions, sliced finely
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons fresh ginger, grated
for the garlic ginger stir fry sauce
- 2 tablespoons honey or maple syrup (more to taste)
- 1/2 cup low sodium soy sauce or tamari
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/4 cup rice wine vinegar
- Sauce: Combine all the sauce ingredients together in a bowl and stir well. Set aside.
- Tofu: Cook the rice or farro according to package directions. Cut the tofu into cubes and press with a paper towel to remove excess moisture. Wait a few minutes and press again – there’s a lot of water in there! Heat the oil in a wok over medium heat. When the oil is shiny, add the tofu and about 1/4 cup of the stir fry sauce. Pan-fry the tofu until golden brown. Remove and set aside.
- Veggies: Return the pan to the heat and add the onion, garlic and ginger and cook until almost translucent. Next add the zucchini and carrot, cooking for another 3-4 minutes before adding the red capsicum. Add the stir fry sauce and mix together with the veggies. Finally, add the bok choy, green onions and tofu, then cook until just wilting. Arrange the veggies and tofu over the cooked rice or farro.
- An easy weeknight meal packed with veggies.
- A subtle flavour. I served with noodles and they soaked up a lot of the sauce and was even tastier the second night, how does that happen?!