Image borrowed from original site
PREP: 10 MINUTES | COOK: NIL | SERVES: 2
- 400g can chickpea
- 1/4 small red onion
- 1 garlic clove (crushed)
- 1 Tbsp tahini
- 30g artichoke hearts in oil (from a jar)
- 4 tsp capers
- 1 tsp cider vinegar
- 1/2 tsp ground cumin
- 1 generous tablespoon freshly chopped basil
- 2 tsp Dijon mustard
- 1/2 lemon, juiced
- 4 slices of your favourite bread
- Small handful of salad leaves
- With a fork, smash drained chickpeas until you have a chunky paste.
- Slice red onion and artichokes very finely.
- Add onion mixture to mashed chickpeas. Mix in together the rest of the ingredients, adjusting seasoning if needed.
- Make two sandwiches, sharing the chickpea salad evenly and adding some salad leaves to finish.
- This is our fav lunch recipe – I make a double batch and keep it in the fridge for lunches during the week.
- Once I didn’t have any fresh basil so used dried herbs instead and it was still really nice, although fresh is definitely best.