A different spin on fish tacos. Fresh, healthy and easy to make for an impressive summer lunch or dinner. The original recipe is by Gimme Some Oven.
PREP: 10 MINUTES | COOK: 20 MINUTES | SERVES: 4
- 800g boneless, skinless, salmon filets
- 2 tablespoon chili powder
- 2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 2 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon fine sea salt
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- 2 tablespoon olive oil
- 8-12 corn taco shells or flour tortillas (select gluten free if needed)
- Creamy chipotle sauce (store bough or make this recipe by Love and Lemons)
Citrus of Mango Salsa:
- 4 medium oranges, or 2 mangoes, peeled and diced
- 2 large avocado, peeled, pitted and diced
- 2 jalapeño, cored and finely diced
- 1 small red onion, finely diced
- 2 cup chopped fresh coriander, loosely packed
- 2 lime, juiced
- Heat the oven. Preheat the oven to 200°C. Line a baking tray and set aside.
- Prepare the salmon. Mix together the chili powder, cumin, oregano, smoked paprika, salt and black pepper together in a small bowl until combined. Place the salmon fillets in a single layer on the baking sheet, brush on all sides with oil, and sprinkle evenly with the seasoning mixture. Bake for 20 minutes until cooked through. You can test for doneness by inserting a fork or knife in the salmon and twisting it a bit; the fish should be opaque and flake easily.
- Make the salsa. While your salmon is cooking, toss together the oranges/mango, avocado, red onion, jalapeño, cilantro and lime juice in a medium bowl until combined.
- Assemble the tacos. Once the salmon is cooked, use a fork to roughly shred it into large pieces. Add the salmon to your tortillas, top with a few spoonfuls of salsa and drizzle of creamy chipotle sauce (plus some extra cilantro if you would like)…and enjoy!