This is my go-to meal prep on a Sunday. It’s a versatile recipe so I add whatever salad stuff I have/need to use up and I change up the dressing and protein so I don’t get bored. Having these prepped in the fridge have helped me save money and are healthier than the naughty pies and hot chips at the takeaway shop that I’d buy instead!
Kept stored in the fridge these will stay fresh for 5 days!
This recipe is for 4 jars worth.
PREP: 15 MINUTES | COOK: 0-20 MINUTES | SERVES: 4
- 1 red capsicum, largely chopped
- 16 cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1/2 Lebanese cucumber, thickly sliced and diced
- 1 large carrot, unpeeled and grated
- 2 large handfuls mixed lettuce leaves, washed and roughly chopped
- 1/2 cup quinoa
- 1 cup edamame beans, deshelled
- 1/2 cup dressing of choice
- Protein of choice (I alternate between baked tofu and falafel)
- 4 clean jars (500g or larger)
- Cook quinoa to packet instructions and set aside to cool
- Prepare all ingredients (chop salad stuff, roast tofu if using)
- Layer ingredients in jar like this: dressing, capsicum, cherry tomatoes, cucumber, carrot, quinoa, tofu (if using), edamame, lettuce.
- To serve, tip out into a bowl. The lettuce should end up on the bottom and the capsicum and dressing on top.
- If using falafel, warm up and crumble over the top of the salad.
- Salad jars can be kept in the fridge for 5 days