This is my new favourite marinade for tofu – so full of flavour! This is an easy dinner or lunch thats full of flavour, healthy veggies and plant based protein!
Adapted from original recipe by:
PREP: 10 MINUTES | COOK: 20 MINUTES | SERVES: 4
- 1 block extra-firm tofu, cut into 1cm cubes
- 1 cup quinoa, cooked as per packet instructions
- 1 cucumber, diced
- 3 carrots, grated
- 1 avocado, sliced
- 5 radishes, sliced
- 100g baby spinach
- 4 handfuls red cabbage, shredded
- 1 tbsp sesame seeds
FOR THE DRESSING:
- 100g miso paste
- 6 tbsp of soy sauce/tamari
- 4 tbsp of sesame oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced or finely chopped
- 4 tbsp kewpie mayo or vegenaise (optional)
- Preheat oven to 180c
- Soak and cook quinoa as per packet instructions
- To make dressing: Combine miso, soy/tamari, sesame oil and garlic in a bowl and mix well. Halve the dressing mixture and add kewpie mayo/vegenaise to one of the half batches only. Set aside.
- Cube tofu and cover in paper towel to absorb excess moisture (putting a heave saucepan on top to help) for 5 minutes. Add cut tofu to the dressing bowl without the mayo added, and mix gently to coat completely. Add to a roasting dish and bake in the oven for 20 minutes.
- In a large bowl combine baby spinach, cucumber, carrot, radish, red cabbage, cooked quinoa and gently toss to combine. Serve into 4 bowls.
- Divide the cooked tofu and sliced avocado evenly among the 4 bowls, then sprinkle over sesame seeds and drizzle the remaining dressing (the one with the mayo added)