I love this slow cooker recipe from Simply Quinoa, just throw everything in and turn it on – You’re done!
I’ve altered the base recipe slightly to include a few more veggies (or course).
Sometimes I don’t include the quinoa and cook some rice instead.
PREP: 20 MINUTES | COOK: 4 HOURS | SERVES: 4
- 1 medium sweet potato, unpeeled + diced
- 1 large broccoli, cut into florets
- 2 zucchini, thickly sliced
- 2 carrots, unpeeled and chopped
- 1 brown onion, diced
- 1 400g can organic chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 1 400g can diced tomatoes
- 1 400ml can coconut cream
- 1/4 cup quinoa
- 2 garlic cloves minced (about 1 tablespoon)
- 1 tablespoon freshly grated ginger
- 1 tablespoon freshly grated turmeric or 1 teaspoon ground
- 2 teaspoon tamari sauce
- 1 teaspoon miso (white)
- 1/2 – 1 teaspoon chili flakes (Optional, omit for kids)
- Rice, optional
- Add all the above ingredients to a slow cooker. Stir well so everything is fully mixed.
- Turn the slow cooker to high and cook for 3 – 4 hours until sweet potato cooks through and the curry has thickened.
- If serving with rice, cook in time for serving.