Image borrowed from original site
PREP: 20 MINUTES | COOK: 20 MINUTES | CHILL: 2 MINUTES | SERVES: 10-12
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 small zucchini, grated
- 1 medium red capsicum, diced
- 1/2 small brown onion, diced
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 x 400 gram can refried beans
- Small tin corn kernels
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon smoked paprika (optional)
- 10–12 corn tortillas
- 1 cup grated cheese (optional)
- Optional toppings: salsa, guacamole, cashew cheese, sour cream, coriander
- In a large pan, add olive oil, diced veggies, salt and pepper. Cook veggies until softened, 5-7 minutes.
- Add veggies to a large mixing bowl, along with the refried beans and spices. Mix until combined.
- Prepare tortillas: On 1 tortilla add about 1/4 cup of the bean mixture and spread across. Sprinkle cheese on top if you are using it. Add another tortilla on top and pat down to make sure everything is sealed in.
- Place the tortillas onto a warmed sandwich press and toast until browned and crispy, about 2 minutes.
- Let cool for a few minute and top with your favorite toppings
- I serve mine with store bought salsa, guacamole and chopped coriander