I mashed together a few different recipes to get everything I wanted: the end result is a quick dinner that’s full of flavour with a variety of colorful veggies!
PREP: 15 MINUTES | COOK: 30 MINUTES | SERVES: 4
- 4 garlic cloves, peeled and halved
- 1 red onion, cut into wedges
- 6 baby potatoes, quartered
- 1/2 butternut pumpkin, cut into 1cm cubes
- 1 eggplant, cut into 1cm cubes
- 2 red capsicums, cheeks sliced
- 2 zucchini, halved lengthways
- 2 tbsp Moroccan seasoning
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 lemon, cut into wedges
- 250g halloumi, cut into cubes
- Baby spinach
- 1/2 cup pine nuts
- Couscous to serve (1 cup dry)
- Preheat oven to 200°c. Line 2 baking trays.
- Prepare vegetables as noted above. Throw all veggies (except baby spinach, lemon and halloumi) into the trays and drizzle with oil and Moroccan seasoning. Season with salt and pepper and stir to coat.
- Place veggies in oven for 20 minutes, then add halloumi on top and grill for 8 minutes until golden.
- Prepare couscous as per packet instructions
- Heat a small frying pan and gently toast pine nuts until lightly browned. Set aside.
- In a bowl, spoon out a bed of couscous then top with vegetables and stir in a handful of baby spinach. Serve with a sprinkle of toasted pine nuts and a squeeze of lemon.