This is another tasty hello fresh recipe that the whole family ate (they didn’t even notice the patties were made from lentils!)
PREP: 10 MINUTES | COOK: 30 MINUTES | SERVES: 4
- Olive oil
- 2 medium sweet potato
- 2 beetroot
- 2 x 400g tin lentils
- 4 garlic cloves
- 50g walnuts
- Flat leaf parsely
- 4 stalks spring onion
- 1 lemon
- 50g dukkah
- 2 eggs
- 2 x vegetable stock
- 1 tablespoon plain flour (GF plain flour)
- 100g breadcrumbs (GF breadcrumbs)
- 100g feta cheese
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 60g rocket leaves
- 100g dill mayonnaise
- Preheat the oven to 220°C/200°C fan-forced. Cut the sweet potato (unpeeled) into 2cm chunks. Cut the beetroot (unpeeled) into 1cm chunks. Spread sweet potato and beetroot over an oven tray lined with baking paper and drizzle with oil and season with salt and pepper. Roast until tender, 20-25 minutes. In the last 5 minutes of cook time, add the walnuts to the side of the oven tray and bake until fragrant and toasted.
- While the veggies are roasting, drain and rinse the lentils. Finely chop the garlic (or use a garlic press). Roughly chop the parsley leaves. Thinly slice the spring onion. Zest the lemon to get a pinch, then slice into wedges.
- In a medium bowl, mash the lentils until smooth using a potato masher or fork. Add the garlic, parsley, spring onion, lemon zest, dukkah, egg and fine breadcrumbs. Crumble in 3/4 of the fetta and mix well. Using damp hands, form the mixture into 1cm-thick patties. You should get 3 patties per person. Place the patties on a plate and transfer to the fridge for 5 minutes. TIP: Chilling the patties helps them firm up!
- Heat a large frying pan over a medium-high heat and add enough olive oil to coat the base of the pan. When the oil is hot, add the lentil patties and cook until golden and cooked through, 3-4 minutes each side. Transfer to a plate lined with paper towel. TIP: Let the patties get firm before trying to turn them over, add extra oil if needed to prevent sticking. TIP: If your pan is getting crowded, cook in batches for the best results!
- While the patties are cooking, combine a squeeze of lemon juice with the honey and a drizzle of olive oil in a medium bowl. Season with salt and pepper and mix well. Add the mixed salad leaves, sweet potato, beetroot and walnuts to the dressing. Just before serving, toss to coat. TIP: Allow the roasted veggies to cool slightly before adding to the bowl to keep the leaves crisp.
- Divide the salad and patties between plates. Crumble the remaining fetta over the salad. Serve with the dill & parsley mayo and lemon wedges.
Image from original recipe website: hello fresh