This recipe is one I found on delicious.com and the only minor change I made was to add lentils and tweak the toppings. Delicious and easy enough to make on a weeknight.
PREP: 15 MINUTES | COOK: 10 MINUTES | SERVES: 4
- 500g lamb mince
- 400g tin brown lentils
- 1 red onion, finely chopped
- 2 garlic clove, chopped
- 3 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1/2 cup mint leaves, plus extra to garnish
- 425g baby beetroot, drained
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped coriander leaves
- 1/4 cup (60ml) lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 100g soft goat’s cheese
- Mixed salad leaves
- 4 brioche buns
- Preheat grill.
- Place the lamb in a bowl with half the onion, the garlic, 2 teaspoons of the cumin and the mint. Mix to combine the mixture together. Season with salt and pepper and form into 4 patties.
- Cut the beetroot into small cubes. Place in a bowl with the cumin, coriander, lemon juice and oil, then season and set aside.
- Grease a chargrill or frypan and heat over medium-high heat. Cook patties for 4 minutes each side or until cooked to your liking. Crumble cheese on top of each patty. Place under grill for about 1 minute until cheese is bubbling.
- Serve burgers on toasted buns with salad leaves, beetroot salsa and extra mint leaves