This is a great recipe to have when you need a healthy dinner, but fast.
The original recipe and pic are from The Compassionate Kitchen by Gemma Davis and Tracy Noelle. I kept the same ingredients but adjusted quantities slightly to suit my personal taste.
“Using Kimchi is a quick way to add flavor, while also nourishing the digestive system.”
PREP: 15 MINUTES | COOK: 15 MINUTES | SERVES: 4
- 400g Pad Thai noodles
- 500g spicy kimchi (vegan or regular)
- 2L vegetable stock
- 360g enoki mushrooms
- 150g oyster mushrooms
- 2 bunches bok choy, washed and roughly chopped
- 1 large handful parsley, finely chopped
- 1 large handful coriander, roughly chopped
- 1 large handful spring onions
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Prepare noodles as per packet instructions
- Roughly chop oyster mushrooms, and trim ends off enoki mushrooms. Heat skillet with oil and brown in batches for 3-5 minutes, until golden. Set aside.
- Place half of the stock and half of the kimchi in a large saucepan and bring to a gentle boil. Blend using a stick mixer or food processor.
- Add remaining kimchi and stock as well as the cooked mushrooms, cooked noodles, bok choy, parsley, coriander, and spring onions. Season with salt and pepper. Simmer for 2-3 minutes.
- Serve into 4 bowls and enjoy!