Image borrowed from original site
Adapted from original recipe:
PREP: 10 MINUTES | COOK: 45 MINUTES | SERVES: 4
- 900g pumpkin, peeled, cut into 1cm cubes
- 1/4 cup (60ml) olive oil
- 1/2 tablespoon honey
- 850ml vegetable liquid stock
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 zucchini, grated
- 1 cup frozen peas
- 2 garlic cloves, finely diced
- 2cm piece ginger, peeled and grated
- 1 cup (220g) arborio rice
- 2/3 cup (160ml) white wine
- Juice of 1/2 lemon
- 2 tablespoons mascarpone, plus extra to serve (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 220°C.
- Lay pumpkin in an even layer on a large baking tray and drizzle with 2 tablespoons of oil. Season with salt and pepper. Roast for 15 minutes, then remove and drizzle with 1/2 tablespoon of honey, tossing well to coat each piece. Roast for a further 15 minutes until cooked and golden.
- Heat remaining tablespoon of oil in a large heavy-based pan over low heat. Add onion and stir for 2-3 minutes until soft. Add garlic and ginger then cook for 1 minute. Add zucchini and cook for a further minute. Add rice and stir to coat grains. Increase heat to medium-low, add wine and cook until absorbed. Add stock a cup at a time, allowing each to be absorbed before adding the next. Continue for 15 minutes or until rice is cooked but still firm to the bite.
- Add lemon juice, peas and pumpkin. Season with salt and pepper, then stir in mascarpone.