This is a recipe I got from Wry Toast and I didn’t make a single change, it was delicious! At around 40 minutes to prepare, it’s maybe not the best option for a busy mid-week meal, but it’s worth the effort if you have the time. This recipe is for 2, but if you double the stuffing ingredients then you can make a second helping the next night. Note: these are way more filling that you will expect!
PREP: 10 MINUTES | COOK: 40 MINUTES | SERVES: 2
- 2 Bell Peppers (any colour, but I prefer red)
- 500g minced turkey or chicken
- 1 tsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1/4 cup Artichokes Marinated in Oil, roughly chopped
- 1 Small Tomato, diced (approx 1/4 cup)
- 1/4 cup Quinoa + 1/2 cup water
- 1 Lemon, juiced
- 2 tsps Crushed or Minced Garlic
- 1 – 2 tsps Fresh Dill
- pinch of Salt & Pepper
- 1/2 cup Shredded Mozzarella Cheese
- Tzatziki for dipping
- Pre-heat oven to 180°c.
- Cook quinoa as per packet instructions (approx 15 – 20 minutes)
- On a large cutting board, slice bell peppers vertically, then gut of seeds. Transfer sliced peppers to oven-safe baking dish and cook for 20 minutes until just becoming tender – Set aside.
- While peppers cook, in large skillet heat Olive oil over medium flame before adding in ground chicken, cooking until no pink parts remain (~10 minutes). Next, stir in all other ingredients except the cheese, then reduce flame to low and cover. Allow skillet to simmer for 5 minutes.
- Add a shallow layer of water to baking dish with peppers. Spoon filling into each tenderized pepper, then top with mozzarella cheese. Return to oven for another 20 minutes until cheese has melted and peppers are bubbling – Immediately plate and serve, topping with additional dill and tzatziki.