Image borrowed from original site
PREP: 15 MINUTES | COOK: NIL | CHILL: 10 MINUTES | SERVES: 4-6
- 2 x 400 gram tins cooked chickpeas
- 1½ cups chopped cucumber (1/2 large English variety)
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp red wine vinegar (or lemon juice)
- Seeds of 1 large pomegranate
- ¼ cup finely chopped mint leaves
- ¼ cup finely chopped parsley leaves (or basil, if in season)
- ¼ tsp ground black pepper
- ½ cup crumbled feta cheese
- Handful of mixed lettuce leaves, washed and dried
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Combine chickpeas and chopped cucumber in medium mixing bowl and toss with olive oil and red wine vinegar. Gently stir in pomegranate seeds (reserve some), mint, lettuce leaves and parsley. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- To serve, sprinkle top of salad with feta and garnish with remaining pomegranate seeds.
- I made this for Christmas lunch 2019 and it was very popular! A good side salad dish.