Image borrowed from original site
Adapted from original recipe:
PREP: 20 MINUTES | COOK: 30 MINUTES | SERVES: 4
For the Salad
- 4 cups halved brussel sprouts, halved and roasted
- 4 cups diced, sweet potato or butternut pumpkin, roasted
- 4 small beetroots, diced and roasted
- 2 cups tightly packed, finely chopped kale or baby spinach
- 1 apple, diced
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- 1/2 cup pomegranate arils
- 1 cup quinoa, cooked
For the Tahini Maple Dressing
- 5 tablespoon (75 g) tahini
- 2 tablespoon maple syrup
- 2 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 4–6 tablespoon water, to reach desired consistency
- pinch of salt, to taste
- Put the brussel sprouts, sweet potato and beetroots in a roasting pan and drizzle with oil. Roast on 180c for 30 minutes
- Prepare the quinoa as per packet instructions.
- Prepare the dressing by adding all the dressing ingredients to a blender and mix until smooth and creamy.
- Place apple, walnuts, kale/baby spinach, cranberries, pomegranate in a large bowl, top with the cooked quinoa and dressing, then mix well.
- Serve immediately or store in the fridge for up to 4 days.
- If I’m in a hurry I use garlic Vegenaise in place of making the tahini dressing
- Make a double batch to have leftovers for lunches during the week