I’m getting excited for soup weather! This creamy cauliflower soup I adapted from The Harvest Kitchen is a winner in my eyes because it’s packed with veggies and the boys demolish it (I serve theirs over pasta), and I serve mine with toast to dip. This is a good one to make in bulk and keep some in the freezer for up to 2 months.
PREP: 10 MINUTES | COOK: 20 MINUTES | SERVES: 4-6
- 1 large head cauliflower, cut florets and stems, reserve about 1 cup for roasting to garnish
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 onion, peeled and chopped
- 2 celery stalks, chopped
- 1 carrot, peeled and grated
- 1 potato, peeled and diced
- 2 cloves garlic, peeled and smashed
- 1 400g can white beans, rinsed and drained
- 4 cups vegetable broth
- 1 tablespoon fresh thyme leaves (or 1 tsp dried leaves)
- 1 tsp ground nutmeg
- 1 1-inch chunk Parmesan cheese, grated
- salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- Heat the olive oil in a medium pot over medium heat. Add onion, garlic, celery and carrot. Saute for about 5 minutes.
- Add the cauliflower and potato and stir to coat.
- Add beans, broth, thyme and nutmeg and bring to a simmer, then reduce heat to low.
- Simmer on low for about 15 – 18 minutes, or until cauliflower and potato are soft.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Purée with an immersion blender (or slightly cool and blend in a stand blender).
- Stir through Parmesan cheese until melted.
- Serve soup topped with roasted Parmesan Cauliflower croutons.
- Garnish with freshly chopped parsley (optional)