This is a lighter meal, so serve it with a side salad or roasted tray veggies if you think you’ll need something more to fill you up.
Original recipe and pic from:
PREP: 10 MINUTES | COOK: 15 MINUTES | SERVES: 4
- 310g tin corn kernels, drained
- 150g zucchini, grated
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1/3 cup milk
- 1 cup self-raising flour (or use GF version)
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- salt and cracked black pepper
- 1/4 cup chilli jam or tomato chutney, to serve
For the Salsa:
- 1 tomato, chopped
- 1 avocado, diced
- 1/2 red onion, finely chopped
- 1/2 lime, juiced
- 1 tbsp coriander leaves, chopped
- Salt and Pepper, to taste
- Prepare the Salsa by combining all Salsa ingredients and gently fold together. Set aside.
- In a large bowl whisk the eggs and milk, then add the corn and zucchini and mix. Gradually stir in the sifted flour and cumin, salt and pepper.
- Heat a little oil in a non-stick frying pan over medium heat. Using a tablespoon, place heaped spoonfuls of the mixture in the pan and cook in batches. Using a spatula, turn them once, until golden and cooked through. Drain on paper towel, cover and keep warm as you cook remaining fritters.
- Spread a bit of chilli jam or chutney onto fritters then top with salsa.