This is another hellofresh recipe that I’ll be making again in future!
PREP: 20 MINUTES | COOK: 30 MINUTES | SERVES: 4
- Olive oil
- 2 brown onions, finely sliced
- 4 garlic cloves, finely diced
- 2 cups Arborio rice
- 4 cups vegetable stock
- 1 cup walnuts, roughly chopped
- 200g green beans, chopped into 3rds
- 180g baby spinach
- 100g basil pesto
- 200g goats cheese
- Preheat oven to 200°c.
- In a frying pan, heat a drizzle of oil over a medium heat. Add the onion and cook, stirring, until tender for 4-5 minutes. Add the garlic and cook until fragrant, 1 minute. Add the Arborio rice and cook, stirring, until coated 1 minute
- add the vegetable stock and bring to boil, then remove from heat. Transfer risotto to a medium baking dish and cover tightly with foil. Bake the risotto until the liquid is absorbed and the rice is al dente, 24-28 minutes.
- While the risotto is baking, wipe the frying pan out and return to heat. Add walnuts and toast, tossing, until lightly browned and fragrant 3-4 minutes. Transfer to a small bowl. Return the frying pan to a medium heat with a drizzle of oil. Add the chopped green beans and cook until tender, 4-5 minutes.
- Once the risotto is done, stir through a splash of water if it looks too dry. Add the baby spinach leaves, basil pesto, cooked green beans and goats cheese, then season with salt and pepper and stir to combine.
- Divide the risotto between four bowls and sprinkle with toasted walnuts.