An Instagram friend posted a pic of her food recently, and she kindly sent me the recipe to try – apparently it’s from Chris Hensworths app Centr. I followed the recipe exactly, but also had some leftover smoked salmon so had a tiny bit on the side. Either way it was delicious, and a nice to add another menu option to our weekend breakfasts list.
PREP: 10 MINUTES | COOK: 4 MINUTES | SERVES: 2
- 1 cup baby spinach leaves, washed
- 2/3 cup (160g) cottage cheese
- 4 artichoke hearts, in brine, drained and roughly chopped (I used jar marinated ones)
- 2 spring onions, thinly sliced
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 2 sliced toast (gluten free option)
- 4 tbsp grated tasty cheese
- 1/2 cup rocket, to serve
- Preheat grill to medium high and line a baking tray.
- Place spinach in a bowl, cover with boiling water and set aside until wilted. Drain, squeeze out excess water and roughly chop.
- Add cottage cheese, artichokes and onion to spinach bowl and fold through. Season with salt and pepper.
- Toast bread until lightly golden. Place on baking tray, spread with spinach mixture and scatter grated cheese on top. Grill for 2 minutes until melted and lightly browned on top. Serve with rocket (and smoked salmon if you have some leftover that needs to be used up ?)