These cookies by My Kids Lick the Bowl have to be one of the easiest things I’ve ever baked. Just throw the ingredients in a blender, scoop on a tray to bake, and it’s done! They’re healthier than normal choc chip cookies, without all the sugar, but we love them. Best of all, the boys have no idea they’re eating chickpeas! They’re nut free so good to pack in school lunch boxes ??
PREP: 10 MINUTES | COOK: 25 MINUTES | SERVES: 12-15
- 1 x 400g tin chickpeas
- 1 cup oats (use wheat free oats for GF option)
- 2 medium ripe bananas
- ¼ cup brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ¼ Cup dark chocolate chips
- Heat the oven to 180°c.
- Drain the chickpeas and rinse thoroughly. (Keep aquafaba aside for other baking?)
- Place all ingredients, excluding the chocolate chips, in the food processor.
- Whizz for 2-3 mins until very smooth.
- Remove the blade from the processor, add the chocolate chips and mix with a spoon.
- Using a wet tablespoon place spoonfuls onto a baking paper-lined tray.
- Use the back of the spoon to shape the dollops into circular shapes, approximately 1 cm thick. They don’t need to be perfectly round, rustic looking is ok!
- Bake at 180 degrees celsius for 25 mins.
- Remove from the oven and cool on the tray. The cookies will still be soft but golden when they are ready, leave to cool on the baking tray for 5-10 minutes before cooling on a rack.