Image borrowed from original site
PREP: 15 MINUTES | COOK: 10 MINUTES | SERVES: 6-8
- 1 can chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 1/2 red onion, roughly chopped
- 1 small zucchini, roughly chopped
- 3 tbsp finely chopped cilantro
- 3 tbsp red wine vinegar
- 1 tbsp Sriracha sauce
- 2 tbsp natural peanut butter (chunky or smooth)
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 2 tsp black pepper
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 cup quick oats
- 2 tbsp extra virgin oil
- After draining and rinsing the chickpeas, place them in a food processor or blender. Add the onion. Pulse 10 times until roughly chopped (not smooth)
- Add all the other ingredients to the bowl and pulse more. You don’t want it to be completely smooth, but keep going for your preference.
- Remove mixture from blender bowl and form into 6-8 patties.
- Cook on the BBQ or frying pan for approximately 5-10 minutes each side.
- To make it kid friendly I took a batch out before I added the Sriracha, and kept it seperate as my boys don’t like too much spice.
- My favourite/standard burger toppings are: lettuce, tomato, avocado, cooked onions, sliced dill pickles and Vegenaise Garlic mayo.
- If I want to cut down on refined carbs I just make the patties and use them as ‘rissoles’ and serve them with salad or veggies instead of on a bun.