Image borrowed from original site
Adapted from original recipe:
PREP: 10 MINUTES | COOK: 20 MINUTES | SERVES: 6
- 1 x 400g can cannellini beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 small head cauliflower
- 1 1/4 cups unsweetened non-dairy milk
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 large shallot or 1/2 onion, diced
- 1 cup grated cheese (vegan or dairy)
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- salt & pepper to taste
- 1/2 cup parmesan cheese, grated (optional)
- 1 or 2 tablespoons nutritional yeast (optional)
- 450 grams pasta, any type (I used spiral)
optional side of veggies
- 5 – 6 kale leaves, stem removed and chopped (or baby spinach)
- 1/3 cup sun-dried tomatoes, roughly chopped
- 300g mushrooms, sliced
- generous pinch red pepper flakes, to taste
- Remove any leaves and core the bottom of the cauliflower. Cut cauliflower into large florets and place in pot of boiling water. Cook for about 20 minutes, or until soft, drain.
- While cauliflower is cooking, heat 1 tablespoon of olive oil in saute pan over medium to medium high heat, add shallots and cook until soft and lightly browned.
- Place cooked cauliflower in blender/food processor along with beans, milk, shallots and nutmeg. Blend until creamy. Taste for flavor adding salt, pepper and any other spice you might like. Also, if sauce is too thick add a splash or so more milk (or water) as needed, blend again.
- In same saute pan you cooked the shallots, heat 1 tablespoon olive oil over medium heat. Add mushrooms, kale, sun-dried tomatoes and red pepper flakes. Saute kale until it has sweated down, approx 5 min. You could use a cover to help. Turn off heat when done.
- Cook pasta according to package instructions.
- Place cooked pasta back to the same pot it was cooked in, add as much sauce as you like. Stir gently to coat. Add cheeses and nutritional yeast and stir gently until melted. Add more milk if needed to keep moist and creamy.
- Serve with the side of veggie mix.
- A good weeknight meal.